Hi Sharan,

Thanks for bring this top up. It's a common case that we are facing
for the Apache projects from China.
In the yesterday's ALC Beijing Podcast[1] recording, we have the
similar disussion when talking about build up the community in ASF.
The solution could be leveraging the free translation services[2][3]
to compose the questions or check the answers, and we are also try to
build the local community by encouraging voluteers to translate the
policy documentations[4].

Using English in the Open Source world could help us get touch with
more audices, we are try our best to encourage the contributor to use
English when they are writing emails, have public discussion in github
issues.

When we hold the local meetup we prefer to use Chinese, but when we
talk about the issue and PRs we perfer to use English.
In ApacheCon Asia 2021[5],we got 50% Chinese sessions and 50% English
sessions and we have the Chinese version of website to open up the
local market,  I think this is banlance we choose now.

[1]https://www.ximalaya.com/keji/37853515/
[2]https://www.deepl.com/
[3]https://translate.google.com
[4]https://github.com/alc-beijing/translation