Also, where should the ticket/issue get filed?  Is this comdev?  Is there
Jira/GH-issues for Comdev and/or P&M?  Naturally, also in relevant
projects' codebases if implemented.

This doesn't seem the right location, as it seems a collection of issues
related to many individual projects?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/COMDEV/