On 2022/11/07 14:32:29 Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> It could give provenance to a set of social media handles for legitimate
> Apache Foundation members, validating representation and preventing
> imposters. Not  sure how much that's needed but I have seen some
discussion
> on these lists about this  in relation to Twitter, Slack, etc.

I have never seen anybody attempt to impersonate Foundation Officers,
Members, or Apache contributors on social media. Maybe it has happened to
some individuals, but unless they're attempting to *defraud* the
Foundation, then it isn't a problem to be solved.

Personally, I see no reason for the Foundation to get involved with running
a social media platform. We chose Slack specifically so that we don't have
to host that kind of service. We write software, not solve the world's
issues-of-the-week with social media.

Cheers,
-g