On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 8:27 AM Roman Shaposhnik <r...@apache.org> wrote:

[snip]

> Which brings me to CCing Brian directly ;-) Brian, very narrowly: do
> we have precedents of publishing non-English articles on
> news.apache.org?

None that I am aware of. I don't know if there is even a localization
policy in existence. I don't have a problem posting translations to
existing articles, and I recommend we continue to post English
articles on the main feed, with links to translated articles added
later.

The big problem for localized articles is resources... translation
takes time. There is also the real problem of mistranslated articles,
which would be very difficult for M&P to review. For instance, I
technically speak German, but would not trust my skills to properly
ensure an article would get across the original's intent and wording.

BKP