Von: Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Datum: Dienstag, 15. August 2023 um 11:20
An: dev@community.apache.org <dev@community.apache.org>
Betreff: AW: AW: [DRAFT] Email to all PMCs or Committers
Sooooo …

As I haven’t heard any other opinions, my plan is the following:

  *   Chose the date of Oct. 1st for making the change active.
  *   Apply my PR with the updated mailing-list.md.
  *   Send out the email to all dev-lists.

Any objections?

The content of the email will be as follows:

details are below.

We’re pleased to let you know that we’re tweaking the way that auto-
generated email from Github will appear on your mailing lists. This
will lead to more human-readable subject lines, and the ability of most
modern mail clients to correctly thread discussions originating on
Github.

Background: Many project mailing lists receive email auto-generated by
Github. The way that the subject lines are crafted leads to messages
from the same topic not being threaded together by most mail clients.
We’re fixing that.

The way that these messages are threaded is defined by a file -
.asf.yml - in your git repositories. We’re changing the way that it
will work by default if you don’t choose settings. If you’re happy for
us to make this change, don’t do anything - the change will happen on
October the 1st 2023.

Details of the current default, as well as the proposed changes, are on
the following page, along with instructions on how to keep your current
settings, if you prefer:

Please copy dev@community.apache.org<mailto:dev@community.apache.org> on any
feedback.

Chris, on behalf of the Comdev PMC