Correct. This would be for any cordova BlackBerry 10 APIs (not external
plugins).

This will allow us the native compile step for Cordova that we don't have
access to with WebWorks (that other platforms have).

The key for this is flexibility.  Nothing is changing with this now but
allows us more tools to support BlackBerry 10 Cordova in the future.