Would it make sense to host a copy of the docs on cordova.apache.org? Other Apache projects have their docs online at their apache.org site.

A couple possibilities:
1) build the html files and zip them up, so a consumer needs to only download and unzip and point their browser at their local offline copy. 2) build the html files and post them unpacked to cordova.apache.org so they can be browsed directly without a zip or src download.

My initial suggestion is to do both: something like /docs/download to hold the zip files and /docs/browse to have the tree starting with index.html.

Or would it be better to host it in www.apache.org/dist/cordova?

I am willing to do the initial setup and load.

Comments?

-- Marcel Kinard