On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Filip Maj <f...@adobe.com> wrote:

> >But do Canonical branches merge into each other? I'm thinking no.
>
> My understanding:
>
> - work goes into feature branches
> - when contributor(s) deem feature is ready, merge into Unstable, which
> then gets vetted (test!!!!!)
> - at some point unstable merges into Next
> - when tagging, we merge Next into Stable and tag

That's my understanding as well.

The "At some point" part would be when we say "hey, let's start working on
cutting a release", which should align with the wiki's
RoadMap<http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RoadmapProjects> (which
targeted 2.3 for November, whoops!).

> Would be different for bug fixes or other maintenance-type commits too,
> ya? Those would be directly into Next.

It might cause headaches to commit bug-fixes into Next when it comes time
to merge Unstable -> Next.

> Finally, what about hot fixes / patch releases? Branch off the tag in
> Stable and put hot patch work into there?

Agree. I think the flow here should be to commit change to Unstable and
then cherry-pick it into a branch off the tag (when feasible).