Just my 2 cents on this in regards to the performance argument.

The plugin code is not executed unless it is on the platform it targets so
the only cost is the initial interpretation of the code and would be
directly tied to the size of the file.

the entire cordova.blackberry.js file is currently 343k that contains all
three platforms.  The average size of cordova.js for all the platforms is
228k and the next largest (windows8) comes in at 282k.  Is there a problem
in BlackBerry 10 for supporting files larger than 300k?  I can't imagine so
but do you have a number in mind that would cause issues in the browser
that we should keep in mind in case when you start adding in some more code
to cordova.blackberry.js we don't reach it.

Also with PlayBook migrating to BlackBerry 10 later I would imagine the
entire cordova.blackberry.js file will shrink down to the same size as the
rest of the platforms as we get get rid of the air platform.