On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Filip Maj <f...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Max, yeah, at the top of the plugman readme (in both future and master I
> believe), the usage docs don't specify --install or --uninstall as an
> available command, but those commands are referenced right after the usage
> section. I'd be in favor of using --fetch for the RETRIEVAL of plugins,
> --remove for the removal of plugins from the local plugins cache, and
> --install and --uninstall for the relevant actions.
>
> Max, re (2): correct.
>
> To Braden's points:
>
>  - I'm fine with url + name attributes for <dependency> elements. Will
> update the spec/README shortly.

+1

>  - Re <clobbers> I will add a note about that to the spec as well.
>  - Re parsing package Ids, fair enough.
>  - About "namespacing" iOS source files, this sounds like a good idea.
> This is something that plugman can handle as well, yes? That is,
> management of the plist and pointing to the right location.

+1. looks like the issue is assigned to me.

>  - Re config munging and permissions. I vote in favor of removing all
> permissions and re-adding all of them with every change in plugins (add or
> remove), with a de-duping pass. Brute force approach but it'll work and is
> simple. However spec wise we need a separate element for this ya?
> <permission> or something? Then based on what <platform> tag houses a
> <permissions> tag we can deduce where and how to set up the appropriate
> native permissions.

I don't think we need a separate element for this. Right now permissions
are XML fragments that are added to configuration files and adding/removing
works just fine EXCEPT when the XML fragments have variables in them
(example PACKAGE_ID, API_KEY etc...). Brett is working on fixing it.

>  - Re the different <*-file> elements. I believe behavior in how header
> and source files are handled on iOS are identical, so consolidating those
> is an easy simplification. I will update the spec with that. I'll leave
> resource-file in there for now.

As I said on IRC. Header, Source and Resource files are all placed in
different sections of the iOS pbxproject so they need to be separated.

> One more question that came up: does a plugman --install call implicitly
> call plugman --prepare ?

It looks like it does now but needs to be tested :-)