Hey Joe,

You're definitely right that these changes should have had an issue
associated with them before being merged. That was on my plate for last
week, but I never got around to it before going on vacation. The motivation
DataResource is twofold:

1. To better centralize URL handling / stream opening so that resource: and
asset: URLs are handled properly.
2. To let cordova-app-harness be able to munge URL loading. This is
required so that it can load apps using the start page as defined in their
config.xml.

I'll create a JIRA issue for it now.