A package namespace is not a part of the API? Are we saying we in
Cordova draw the semantic line at a method signature? (Its certainly
not a normal view on what defines an API. Anyhow! Super not
important.)

One more time! Specifics. What packages are changing in precisely what
files? Right now we're discussing a completely undefined scope in
light of an obviously standard best practice.