clear.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org> wrote:

> For Strategy page:
>
> RE: Weekly Releases -- do we skip a release if there is nothing significant
> to push, or do we release so long as there is at least one patch?

I'd say skip.

> RE: Cadence Releases -- "These releases include: platform repos,
> cordova-js, mobile-spec, cordova-docs, cordova-cli, cordova-plugman" --
> clarifying that "include" for the sem-ver projects means only packaging
> into a zip/tarball, not that we bump versions numbers during a cadence
> release?  Or do we bump sem-ver as well?

cordova-js, mobile-spec, cordova-docs, cordova-cli: Update their versions
to the current CadVer
plugman: Probably should be removed from this list.
platform-repos: semver bump if there were any changes since prev release.

> ======
>
> For plugin release page:
>   "# Edit version within plugin.xml based off of changes."   --- this means
> "deduce the semantic effect on version" right?  IE, is it a
> major/minor/point release?

Yes (will update wording)

> Generally, how do we prevent changes from sneaking in to core plugins
> during the time it takes release master to make the changes?  The release
> master has to commit back to Changelog.  Perhaps he/she makes that change
> directly on master, and we rebase that change back into dev after the
> release?  That way, we don't read from dev branch once a release process is
> started.

Hrm, how about instead of merging dev->master, we merge CHANGELOG.md commit
-> master.

> "For each plugin that had unreleased commits .. increment the micro"  --
> why?

So that the version on dev is greater than the version on master.

> TEST section -- suggest adding a not to the top of the guide so that you
> create mobile-spec BEFORE starting the release.  This way, you create a
> project with the old versions of plugins more easily.

Good idea.