During the lull in Ripple's development it definitely felt risky but the
project has become rather active again of late. The big advantage is the
mocking for all the Cordova specific stuff (like deviceready).

We do need a lightweight option for App Harness. I believe we can treat
Ripple as a middleware so maybe exposing this is the right way.