On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Lindsey Simon <lsi...@commoner.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org
> >wrote:
>
> > David and I were talking about this this morning, and since Joe brought
> it
> > up as well, we should probably get the list involved.
> >
> > I think that there is some value in having "Debug" and "Release" builds
> of
> > Cordova projects. I don't know if the platforms have any way to do this
> > already, but it seems like there are a lot of behaviours that are
> > incredibly useful for testing and development, which shouldn't ever be
> > enabled in released applications.
> >
> > Off the top of my head:
> >
> > * All of our Console / ADB / NSLog Logging
> >

> If you disable logging by default, make it a preference somewhere. Because
> I always wanted console/Java logging in production Android apps to capture
> wtf was going on for my users all the time.

Do you mean console.log() statements from application code? Those should
definitely be allowed, and if you have the console plugin installed, then
they can go to the device's log. I meant that we could shut up all of the
logging that goes on inside Cordova and inside our plugins. If *those*
messages are still useful in production apps, then we should clean them up
a bit :)