Variable was a mess. You can add a variable when you add a plugin so if you
worked this way all was ok

-- create cordova project
-- add android platform
-- add plugin with variable

but if you do it on a different order like

-- create cordova project
-- add plugin with variable
-- add android platform

Essentially if you removed your android project and re-add it after you
have the plugin, everything goes to hell.

It doesn't work properly. It also isn't a good solution in the long run as
we are hoping in the future to ignore plugins and platforms from version
control. If that happens we would then have a plugin manifest that would
install plugins for other users. We would then have to store any variables
in this manifest so other users can get an "exact" copy, just seems like a
whole bunch of headaches. Ideally this needs to be a config variable.

hope this all makes sense :/