I'm sorry, what problems do you really have with the CLI for
building/deploying? I have none nor see any issues that require slippers. ;)

When I train people about Cordova based dev I always teach them the CLI and
to use a text editor. Most are using Sublime (not Xcode) and many are
rolling into a Grunt workflow (not Ant!).

I suspect the majority of people using IDE's are actually our committers
and not the web community user base.