They are out of sync, for sure. The mobile-spec tests should be considered
canonical, I think -- that's what is actually being run by the CI server,
and by everyone who is doing manual testing, as far as I know. (Anyone who
knows different: now is the time to chime in :) )

We're very close to being able to split all of the tests out of mobile
spec; we have a test runner which is close to being ready that will pull in
tests from individual plugins. Once that's ready, we'll be able to move the
tests from MS back into plugins.

Most plugins right now have a set of tests that was copied in circa Cordova
2.9/3.0, and so they'll mostly need to be refreshed when we finally move to
plugin-hosted-tests.

(And I think the tests are back to passing now, from the look of the CI
dashboard -- thanks for doing that! :) )

Ian