It's not in its own repo, that's the main difference.  The iOS Status
Bar and its adjustable opacity is unique to iOS.  On Android, an app
can either be Full Screen and block the notification bar, or non-full
screen and have the notification bar appear.  A config.xml setting
doesn't need a special plugin.