This is a sweet improvement, but if I read correct, doesn't address our
biggest headaches:

1. You still cannot merge in PR from github
2. We still cannot close PR ourselves
3. Commits already automatically comment on corresponding JIRA issues, so
this change merely bumps the timing of automatic JIRA references to
comments up a bit (helps discoverability, but doesn't in the end help
manage JIRA issues all that much).

Perhaps the most interesting change is the better discoverability of PR
from then dev ML without requiring explicit emails from the contributor,
and our ability to reply directly from ML.

-Michal