I've just submitted my +1 for a number of the past releases, and thought
I'd document here what the steps I took were.

Since these are past releases, some of which I helped tag and have already
run, the checklist is slightly simplified:

- download package
- sanity check package for expected release artifacts
- tags are correct
- commit hash matches the source