I am a no to passing arguments, the use-case is really about doing some
extra tasks for the current environment.

I am also a 'no' to prompting the user for permission, this shortly becomes
a permission list of which plugins can and can't run scripts, or do we ask
this every time?

We definitely need to post our policies for plugins. ie.something like
npmjs.org posts [1]

We may want to not allow auto publishing of any plugin that uses these
scripts, and have one of us look at it quickly to make sure it is not evil.

[1] https://www.npmjs.org/doc/misc/npm-disputes.html ( the exceptions
section )

@purplecabbage
risingj.com