Andrew, I agree with all of that, and never suggested that statusbar not be
a plugin.

Attempting to rescue this thread into something we can do? ...

Plugins:
[PROPOSAL]
org.apache.cordova.labs.keyboard
- a iOS only keyboard plugin doing some very iOS specific stuff, lives in
labs
- there is no change here, so proposal is that it stays the same

[PROPOSAL]
org.apache.cordova.statusbar
- a status bar plugin for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone, lives in core,
maintained by at least Jesse
- statusbar namespace changes, and it get's own repo possibly

To discuss further ( in their own threads )
- default plugins, really just one plugin with dependencies
- expected intrinsic functionality, console.log?

@purplecabbage
risingj.com