Whats the benefit of rolling plugins into a platform?  The only one I can
see is "installed by default" which means better "out of box" experience
for new users.

I think we can solve that problem using a plethora of better alternatives,
including install scripts (perhaps with a generator like yeoman, perhaps my
just pasting snippets in tutorials), by supporting plugin dependencies for
platforms, or just by hard coding a list of default plugins in cordova-cli
(we do this in cca for example).  Many alternatives exist.

I'm not sure if we need to iterate the list of benefits in leaving features
implemented inside plugins, but I think its almost entirely upside to do so.

-Michal