Thats will be easy to pretend (just kidding! ;).  Yes, the plugin registry
shows the docs as they exist at the time of the plugin release, so next
release the docs will be up to date.

The primary benefit here is that the plugin registry has a version switcher
on the side, and you'll get to see the docs as they existed for that
version.

(for the future, we could consider adding "edge" versions for core plugins
on plugin registry.  Not for installs, but just to list the latest docs)