On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Mike Billau <mike.bil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the plugin registry will go fetch the appropriate docs from github for
> whichever version of the plugin you are viewing by using the engine tag on
> the plugin page and comparing that to the git tags? And then the github
> page will still just direct to the edge version of the docs?

Its even easier.  The docs are uploaded along with the plugin as part of a
release.  When you view v1.2.3 of a plugin you see the state of README.md
or docs/index.md or whatnot that was uploaded.

> That makes sense to me - this way we can do minor fixes to the docs for
> released versions without doing a release, and people using edge version of

That would imply (1) registry gets docs from git repos (it doesn't today),
(2) we branch as part of a release so we can patch releases (we don't today)

> the plugin will have easy access to the docs right on the github page. When

Yep.

> a plugin gets released, we will just tag the repo, so there's no need to
> create a bunch of folders inside /doc/?

Not sure I follow that part.