On May 1, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)
<panar...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Btw, here is a WebSQL plugin that also enables WebSQL support on Windows
> platforms - http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/com.msopentech.websql, if you
> really have to WebSQL.
> Here is the IndexedDB plugin work in progress that would enable IndexedDB on
> unsupported browsers - https://github.com/sgrebnov/cordova-plugin-indexedDB,
> will be published soon.
>
> Btw, some comments on the web that talk about Safari and IndexedDB -
> https://twitter.com/daleharvey/status/456759068053356544
>
> P.S: The availability of these plugins does not mean I support one standard
> or the other. Just mentioning them so that functionality written today does
> not break. :)

Cool links.  One more for you - if you really want to know how people feel
about not getting WebSQL in Firefox and having the infinitely less capable
indexeddb lameness foisted on them, here's a lovely little thread worth a read:

https://plus.google.com/+KevinDangoor/posts/PHqKjkcNbLU?cfem=1

Summary - the developers are not happy with indexedb at all and think the
browser makers are being jerks.  And indexdb has only been 'coming any day now'
for....what five years?