Michal: the root package.json is being removed. I do want to perform
an npm publish with a patch version increment, so downstream projects
can reference include by npm registry and not git url. That would
constitute a 'release' of some sort. My understanding was that bug
patches of this sort could be pushed out with minimum fuss.