I've created a test case for the caching problem that works fine with my
patched plugin. The problem is that with the unpatched plugin versoin, the
test doesn't works because the getMetadata method (nor getFile) it's
working if the file was corrupted by the bug. The method is not executed at
all, success nor error callbacks. In the issue comments there's a deep
explanation and the complete test attached.

Does anyone experienced this issue before? the method is supposed to work
and indeed it's working with the patched file-transfer plugin. A new bug?