On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't have a problem having a new signature. But I think the old
> signature should still work.
>
> If you decide to support both signatures, I would like to see first  unit
> test running in mobile spec it should test that both ways work.

This is definitely important. Not doing this is a major breaking change,
meaning we'd need to increment the major version, and inconvenience every
app developer who has already implemented this API, just so that we can
break compatibility with a spec.

> I don't mind to have a new signature added since the w3c contacts spec api
> is dead from what I can tell here [1]

The contacts spec *is* really out of date, and the whole thing should
probably be overhauled. If we're going to go as far as bumping the major
version, and pushing something like "Contacts2", then we might as well look
at implementing a better API completely. I wouldn't do it just to switch
arguments around.

Ian