On 13 Aug 2014, at 18:25, Joe Bowser wrote:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 13 Aug 2014, at 17:35, Joe Bowser wrote:
I have no idea. I booked the flight, but I'm assuming that I'm sleeping on
someone's floor. The hotels are $500+ a night because of Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest is in Munich, not in Berlin. Thats around 560 km far.

I know, I'm heading to Munich right after PhoneGap Day. I assumed that other North Americans are doing the same thing, and that's why the corp
travel site is borked.

Aha, it was not possible to know this just from the email.
In this case i have another tipp for you, if you are fine with traveling after
going to the fest.

If you would stay in Augsburg, then you could take a hotel 2 minutes by feet from
central station. From there its just a 45 minutes to the Wiesn.

You can travel the same way back, trains go at 00:00, 2am, 3.30am, 5.30am and so on. Plenty of time to have a nice drink and not worrying about how to come home. However if you plan a full reboot, sitting another 30 minutes in a train might
be problematic.

If you folks actually stay in Augsburg, feel free to ping me. I am always
happy to show my city to fellow-Apache guys.

Cheers
Christian

I usually book my hotels in germany via http://www.hrs.de/

This:
http://www.hrs.de/web3/searchWeb1000.do?activity=
showHotellistWithPromotion&showOverlay=true&clientId=
ZGVfX05FWFQ-&amp;cid=62-1#initialLoaded
<http://www.hrs.de/web3/searchWeb1000.do?activity=showHotellistWithPromotion&showOverlay=true&clientId=ZGVfX05FWFQ-&cid=62-1#initialLoaded>

says there are actually rooms at a good rate (60 Euro is cheap in germany,
80 i consider normal,
everthing above 100 is really luxury).

Thanks!

Regards,
Christian

Basically, book a hostel, because a Hotel is probably not going to happen,
and even then you might need to bring a tent. :S

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>