On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Question is, do you consider the fact that bugs are introduced & discovered
> (possibly with pain) a sign that the system is broken, or a sign that the
> system is working?

Given when they are discovered (right before release), I consider it a sign
of that the system is broken.  This delayed the release of 3.6.1 a fair
bit, which I personally consider a bad thing.

> I sense that Andrew worries that if work has to land on a feature branch of
> this feature branch, it won't get eyeballs.
>
> I sense that Joe worries that if we land everything/anything in Android-4.0
> it will become unstable, as mistakes are prone to happen (see i.e. recent
> issue with black background).
>
> Personally, I prefer eyeballs and instability to delayed discovery and a
> sense of stability, especially for a feature branch like Android-4.0.

1. It's not a feature branch.  This is a branch for the eventual release of
4.0.x.  I introduced the many webviews code in a feature branch before it
landed.
2. It's up to the person who is introducing the feature to get us
interested in the feature branch.

>  There are workarounds for demos (i.e. create your own branch off of a
> known working version), but its not as easy to solve the eyeball problem.

Actually, it makes the eyeball problem worse.  We want MORE eyeballs on
4.0.x, and that works by actually demoing stuff that people can reproduce
with that branch.  We want to show something that we're planning to release
soon, not demoware.  Also, it make us accountable to our users, which is
important to some of us.