Let me add two pennies from my side also then :)

From the community perspective, I have little hope that a random plugin author
will care about anything beyond browser target for his/her plugin for
testing/debug purposes. I do think though that putting a right architecture in
place for something better than a regular browser target can provide is
important. 'Something better' means here a way to hook up browser developer
tools (or Ripple / node-webkit combo in Intel XDK case) to control plugin
behavior so that input data could be controlled by appropriate UI in
browser/XDK.

For us in XDK the alternative would be to fully separate a plugin from its
emulation. I.e. if we choose to support certain plugin emulation in the XDK,
that will be totally technically separate from its Cordova implementation.
While this is a viable alternative, this just doesn't smell right.

Best,
Serge Lunev
Intel XDK Engineering Manager
@lunarserge

-----Original Message-----
From: brian.ler...@gmail.com [mailto:brian.ler...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Brian
LeRoux
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:26 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Summarizing thoughts on cordova-browser vs Ripple

I'm less interested in copying work being done faster/better in the browser
devtools. Certainly some UI abstractions are helpful (map controls,
acceleromter scrubbing widget, etc) but the returns for dev time are
diminishing for the effort to author/maintain. Esp bad considering we'd have to
pick UI paradigms and enforce them somehow.

For my two pennies, providing an abstraction that allows authoring time
convenience of using browser with an eventual goal for open web publishing
would be the best architecture (and strategy) for Cordova to pursue.