By the sounds of it, the Cordova team is not in agreement on whether we
should auto-add platforms with the Cordova CLI.

My two cents is: Fil Maj and I created the Cordova CLI to be an explicit
CLI tool that produced parseable output for programmatic consumption. It's
a tool for distributions to use. The PhoneGap CLI, on the other hand, is a
simple CLI that helps the user and produced human-readable output. It's a
tool for human use. That said, this philosophy has been long lost - the
Cordova CLI is absolutely awful at programmatic usage.

The implementation is trivial but this discussion is important. As a team,
the Cordova contributors need to decide what they want. The worse thing
that can happen is for this feature to be force pushed into `master`
without a positive consensus.