Also also ;)  cca applications include a default .gitignore with these
contents:

-----------

##
## This file is the suggested default .gitignore to be used by cca
applications
##

# Usually, you shouldn't version control `platforms/` and `plugins/`. They
are
# build artefacts which change from machine to machine and over time.
# If you are manually making edits in these folders, proceed with caution.
/platforms/
/plugins/

# Other cca artefacts.

This has worked very well for us, since users can just git init && git
remote add && git push a project without thinking about it.

-Michal