On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue is that it's a public API that is used by anyone who is looking
> to embed a webview.  This can be found in the test that you re-wrote.
> Right now, there's no way for people who want to embed a CordovaWebView in
> their app to do so without the Config class.  Having a public API marked as
> deprecated without a solid alternative is a really bad idea, and we should
> figure out how we want users to be able to embed Cordova in their existing
> Android applications.

You can now instantiate a CordovaWebView without a config.xml, and without
using Config. This happened when I added an "init()" method to
CordovaWebView. You can pass in a CordovaPreferences object, and a list of
PluginEntry. Maybe we just need a better comment on Config saying to use
these instead?

> That has nothing to do with InAppBrowser, this is to do with embedding a
> WebView inside an Android application. I don't think you understand what I
> mean when I say the embedded use case.

Maybe try explaining a bit more?