One disadvantage of this is that it means plugin dependencies aren't
necessarily tested by most cordova developers.

The BlackBerry 10 default plugin system includes a couple of dependencies,
and plugin management has had a tendency to be fairly fragile/broken.

I'm not opposed to going this way, but if we do, then I'd request that there
be a dummy plugin with a dependency (actually, probably with a
grand-dependent too) just for the purposes of ensuring that default testing
covers these cases.

Also