I'm wary of creating any docs for the Java APIs, since I think they will
inevitably get out of sync with the real code (it's hard enough getting
code comments to match the code).

I think some beefed up Javadocs might be nice, but I think plugin
developers should just read through Cordova's code to see how it works
(there's not that much of it).

I found learning how cordova-android works was vastly easier than learning
how "Android development" works (intents, activities, resources, services,
etc), so I'm not convinced that there's any low-hanging fruit here.