You are right, sorry, I haven't looked into the pluggable webviews yet.

After looking into the WKWebView engine plugin I've seen that the local
webserver is a dependency, I thought it was included inside the plugin (as
the one from Eddy).

So, the way to go is remove the dependency and make it only available for
iOS 9? and if the user want to use it on iOS 8 then he install the
webserver plugin manually and maybe add a preference on the WKWebView
engine plugin? or is there a way that the preference (or an install param)
can install the webserver plugin with a hook or something?