I would add a : Select all the (core) plugins you have used.
And maybe, a : Is there a plugin you wish existed?

I agree that asking users what they want may lead to 'new coke' [1]

Moving the opened ended question to last and letting users choose whether
to use it to state what they love OR hate may be a better approach.

[1] http://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_on_spaghetti_sauce

My team is hiring!
@purplecabbage
risingj.com