Github user david-barth-canonical commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/294#issuecomment-148743166

    ok, i understand the problem now. In particular, the code to guess the
    classname is nice, but other platforms resort to encapsulating this
    information into the plugin.xml file which is safer.
    We have some new code in cordova-ubuntu to handle dependencies, so I wonder
    how much of that logic needs to be updated in cordova-lib, rather than
    directly in cordova-ubuntu? See mardy's new branch

https://github.com/mardy/cordova-ubuntu/commit/d3a674f2a07ab269bfb2e2acaa60dc2ab25c4d50

    On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Tim Barham <notificati...@github.com>
    wrote:

    > @david-barth-canonical <https://github.com/david-barth-canonical> - I
    > think @stevengill <https://github.com/stevengill>'s point is that the
    > intent of your change is to strip the cordova-plugin from the start of
    > the plugin name to generate the class name, to get the equivalent of the
    > old functionality. That logic won't work with plugins that don't start
with
    > cordova-plugin-. Perhaps an alternative would be to look for -plugin- in
    > the name, and take everything after that (?otherwise just use the whole
    > name).
    >
    > —
    > <https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/294#issuecomment-148444797>.

---