Hi guys.

Starting from upcoming cordova release (6.0.0) we have PlatformApi implemented
and used by three major platforms (Android, iOS and Windows). This means that
we now have a lot of code in cordova-lib which exists there only for
maintaining compatibility with previous platforms versions.  I'd love to remove
this duplicates from lib, but this means that we'll lose the support for
previous platforms in newer cli, and hence we'd need to deprecate this support
first.

So I propose to add a deprecation message about removing support for old
platforms into upcoming cordova@6.0.0 and remove this support totally in next
major cordova version (7.0.0). The message will be emitted each time when
polyfill is instantiated for these platforms instead of platform's Api class
and might look like this:

"The support for old platforms via PlatformApi polyfill is deprecated and will
be removed in next versions of cordova.
Consider upgrading your platform to cordova-android@5.0.0 or newer."

-
Best regards, Vladimir.