Calling these 'tests' to me is way out of scope, and very easily broken.

Adding a demo project to a plugin makes sense from both a development
perspective AND a demonstration perspective. When developing, you need
something to actually exercise the api you are writing, so putting this in
the repo makes sense because it also allows someone else to use it to
augment the apis, and provides a simple demonstration of the apis in use.

If you find yourself writing a demo/example that involves several plugins,
then I would recommend we put all of those in a new repo: demos, examples,
recipes, ...

@purplecabbage
risingj.com