Github user ktop commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/432#issuecomment-216543951

    @purplecabbage
    My workspace is working off of the master branches with the tools npm
linked.

    I modified the plugin.xml of cordova-plugin-device and added:
    ```
    <config-file target="AndroidManifest.xml" parent="/manifest" attr="true">
        <application android:name="MyApplication" android:isGame="true" />
        <uses-sdk android:maxSdkVersion="22" />
    </config-file>
    ```

    Then for the project:
    ```
    cordova create myApp
    cd myApp
    cordova platform add ../cordova-android
    cordova plugin add ../cordova-plugin-device
    ```
    I check AndroidManifest.xml and the new attributes are there as expect,
without a new tag being added.

    I'll try testing this PR on another machine and see what result I get.

    As for getting config-file tag into config.xml, I've been caught up in some
other work so will get to this sometime later in the week.

---
with INFRA.
---