+1 leave unchanged. This is what Apple has intended, and going against the
spirit of what they intend and rocking the boat (so to speak) is fraught
with risk to the project.

That being said, you could put this feature into your own plugin -- fork
the device plugin and call it something else. In the (unlikely) case in the
future if this rule has changed, the code can be integrated into core.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com