Is this related to the difference between <resource-file> targets in config.xml and plugin.xml?

In config.xml, <resource-file> target attribute values are relative to the base platform directory. In plugin.xml, they are relative to app/src/main in the base platform directory.

Would it be useful to document this?

-Terence