Decision making for Apache projects is described here:
https://community.apache.org/committers/decisionMaking.html

So to make it official:
I hereby declare that I will start implementing the stuff from my
initial email if nobody objects in the next 72 hours (meaning: before
next Monday). After that I will create the INFRA issue.

The other, preliminary taks can already be started - I did by creating
2 cordova-docs issues that I already linked. For the rest of b) I will
probably start another mailing list thread.