I think this stance is too aggressive.

For minor version bumps there is no need to deprecate the previous minor as any
support request should be met with ‘update’

For major versions, the fact that a new major is released should not be the
defining factor, we cannot expect everyone to be able to immediately jump on a
new version. In a dependency ridden world there is never a guarantee developers
can even update.

I think we should look at other major projects ( node itself even ) for
inspiration.
Ignore odd/even majors, I suggest reading thru
https://nodejs.org/en/about/releases/