I was waiting for that vote thread.

I didn't voice any alternatives as I think what was already mentioned.

I prefer to keep the dev mailing clean for discussions/votes.

Forwarding github discussion actions to the existing issues mailing list I think is fine.

On 2023-07-06 2:11 a.m., Jesse wrote:
Since I have not heard anything here, I am assuming that the way things are
is fine.

Cheers,
   Jesse

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 11:31 PM Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have made the change to github.com/apache/cordova so that all
discussion activity will be sent to our (dev) mailing list.  There has been
some concern raised in slack#pmc that this will flood the dev list which we
use specifically for cordova development, and NOT for support.
For years now, when anyone has sent a message to the dev list asking a
'how to use cordova' question, we have flatly told them:
|  "This mailing list is for discussions regarding the development of
Apache Cordova and not for support.  For support and/or questions about how
to use Apache Cordova, please use GitHub Discussions ... "
So it does seem a little weird if those discussions end up right back here.

A vote will follow shortly (tomorrow) proposing that we create a new
mailing list disc...@cordova.apache.org and route all github discussion
activity there.

Please use this thread to weigh alternatives, of which I see a few:
- do nothing, set up your own filters if you are annoyed by the extra
email on dev
- route this traffic to issues, which is already collecting all gh issues,
pull requests and comments
- create a new list, but with some other name to avoid confusion with
[DISCUSS] threads

Cheers,
   Jesse