On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:48:31PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
> On 24/02/2009, at 10:34 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:14:04PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>>> I'm a bit confused about this. Excuse me while I tread carefully. It
>>> seems that the community vote is clearly a majority to accept the
>>> patch.
>>> If the end result of this vote is that we don't follow that vote
>>> because
>>> it's only the PMC vote that counts, doesn't that mean that community
>>> votes are irrelevant?
>>
>> Anthony, I am upset that you seem to be wanting to cause trouble
>> again.
>
> It was a question Noah.
>
> Your characterization of my intent as being 'to cause trouble', and
> furthermore 'again', is entirely erroneous.

No, it most certainly was not just a question.

Instead of asking how community votes would be factored into the final result,
you constructed a hypothetical that frames the PMC as a dictatorship, doing as
it pleases regardless of community feedback. You then use this hypothetical to
draw the absurd conclusion that "community votes are irrelevant" and then seek
an explicit refutation.

You have consistently used this style of framing. It seems that you presume the
worst in people and processes instead of giving us the courteous benefit of the
doubt. It has been consistently pointed out to you that this causes offence and
unnecessary friction, and you have been politely asked to think about other ways
of approaching constructive discussion.

Best,